Dean has been leading teams and coaching individuals professionally since 1993. From '88 - '92 Dean served with 3rd Ranger Battalion during which he helped in the removal of Manuel Noriega in 1989 when he parachuted onto a hostile Panamanian airstrip.
He graduated Ranger School with honors earning one of two distinguished "Merrill's Marauders" awards; an award earned only by two each class and chosen by his peer group for demonstrating exceptional teamwork, leadership, and communication under long periods of stress and pressure - often the result of days without food or sleep - throughout the entire 72 day course. Dean completed his Ranger service with honor at the rank of Sergeant.
Since leaving the Rangers in '92 Dean has held the following roles:
- Co-founder and President: Leading Concepts Team Leadership Institute - Modeled after Ranger School but tailored to meet corporate audiences, Leading Concepts delivers a real leadership and team building experiences leading to bottom line results on the business battlefield.
- Co-Authored: Rangers Lead The Way: The Army Rangers' Guide To Leading Your Organization Through Chaos. His work has been reviewed in the New York Times, Fortune, Bloomberg, and Fast Company.
- Director of Human Resources and Training for a Tier 1 Automotive Supplier with 700+ associates.
- Organizational Development Manager for a $500MM electronics company with global responsibilities for Human Resources, Training & Development, and Compensation & Benefits.
- More about Dean: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dean_Hohl
Dean resides in Louisville, Kentucky with his wife and 2 children.
Shane was a three time volunteer; volunteering to serve in the US Army, volunteering for Airborne training in Ft. Benning GA, and volunteering for the elite US Army Ranger School. In 1989 he participated in Operation Just Cause, parachuting onto a hostile Panamanian airstrip he spearheaded the removal of Manuel Noriega.
Shane is now the Vice President of Leading Concepts, providing corporate clients with an unparalleled experience designed to bring out an individual's leadership skills, build strong team morale, and improved communications within the team.